Wednesday, January 19, 2011

They Sika him here, they Sika him there.....

Well, just a brief 'blog' to share with you all that I have ticked another of my 'must do's' before I leave New Zealand.

I would like to introduce you to Sam the Sika Stag (kind of roles nicely off the tongue?).

I tracked him down in Waiouru and managed to get to 149m in order to 'dispatch' him.

He will most certainly be feeding the family for a while, and his rather lovely coat will decorate a wall or floor in a few weeks time, after the tanner has finished with him (shame about the hole in it).

Venison anyone?!





After Sam the Sika became bereft of life, an ex-Sika you might say, he very handily turned into a back-pack for the long walk back to the truck.





For those of a weak constitution, unlucky. Go to a shop where meat is grown, and no animals are harmed!!



- Posted using BlogPress from Liz's iPad (not mine!)

Location:Holmes Rd,Waiouru Military Camp,New Zealand

No comments:

Post a Comment