Saturday, January 22, 2011

Google maps not to be trusted.

This is just a quick note to those of you that use google maps for planning. It is not to be trusted.

Here is an example of why not :

1) looking at the picture below, google maps tells me where I am.



2) I concur with this, I am indeed where it says I am.

3) Then I think that it can't be correct due to the lack of cloud on the picture.

4) To confirm what I already know, I check the up to date rain radar, and see the following:



5) Correct. It is lashing down.

6) Therefore I can't be where Google maps says I am, because it isn't raining there.

So there you have it, Google maps is not to be trusted. And I am also not driving a blue blob.

Glad I cleared that one up.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Moawhango Bridge Rd,Waiouru Military Area,New Zealand

No comments:

Post a Comment