Thursday, September 10, 2009

Oh look, I have a minute to myself!

Good morning everyone. I have decided to write in pink so that you'll know it's me, and not my other half who is currently at work. What? Working? Surely not! Probably not, but the battery is back from exercise so he might be doing a lot of meeting people and drinking coffee.

Life is slowly settling down to a less frenetic pace. We've unpacked most of our things, although I have nowhere to put my clothes so they're still in their boxes. We are also a little short on coathangers, but there you go. I was feeding Jocelyn her breakfast this morning when I looked out of the window so see a dead bird on the grass pathway that runs along the side of the house. The poor thing had been got by a cat (boo, hiss) so it's in a pretty terrible state. Anyway, I mention it because I'm looking out our front patio (decking really) window and seeing an inch thick trail of ants marching around the corner to the bird. These same ants were all over the bathroom last night as I tried to bath Jocelyn and I had to spend 30 minutes vacuuming them up - no exaggeration, I promise. At least they've given up on the kitchen, although I am still finding mouse poo on the floor despite there being poison down - it's the good stuff too, for warfarin resistant vermin. Oh yes. We're very close to nature over here. All the houses are built about a foot off the ground so all the nasties move in underneath where you can't get at them, and the ants have made it their task to excavate pathways into various rooms in the house. I find them in different rooms every day, they're terribly organised. Needless to say, most of them don't make it back to the mothership.

On a good note, we've found a lovely car. Subject to it passing its roadworthiness test we will be proud owners of a Toyota Harrier 4WD gas guzzler this afternoon or on Monday. It's big and silver and more like a Lexus than a Toyota and there's no way we could afford to run one in any country in Europe. It's great!

Ah, the errant husband has returned from his arduous hour and a half in the office. He bought a bike the day before yesterday and went to ride it this morning to work and the chain snapped. Not the best start to a new purchase, so he took mine which is thankfully in good working order despite being broken down into many pieces for the shipping company. Soon we will have a carrier on the back for the wee one - she already has a helmet which she loves to wear! She is like her cousin - she has a hat problem. Hat-o-philia, I like to call it. Anyway, we are all looking forward to exploring the countryside on 2 wheels, especially now the weather has taken a turn for the better. We are also looking forward to going snowboarding on Sunday, yippee! Half a day each because of the baby of course, but hey, it's better than nothing. Woohoo!

Ok, time to go and have some coffee before a large voice from a small girl interrupts my me-time. Lots of love X

No comments:

Post a Comment