Friday, April 29, 2011

A Royal wine for a Royal wedding!

After much deliberation (well about 2.7 seconds actually) I decided that it was necessary to hold our very own street party here in NZ to celebrate the Royal wedding.

Naturally I got in touch with the local council to check that it was o.k. and that I wouldn't be contravening any 'elf 'n safety by-laws passed in 1980's (the decade in which common sense was superseded by self serving idiots who think that mountains of red-tape and bureaucracy make life easier for us all).  However, the council got back in touch with me, and told me that my proposed plans for the party would block a major bus route that goes down our road (a well know cul-de-sac in Palmy).  I told them that the 3.7 million people who had confirmed attendance would be most upset, they didn't care.  The street party was off, so we had to make do with just the two of us and our living room.  Ho-hum.

So, I checked to cellar to see what booze we had in stock, and I came across a rather suitable bottle.


It was rather good.  The Duke and Duchess have already been on the phone to commend my choice of plonk, and also added that they were upset I couldn't attend the function. C'est la vie, maybe next time?

No comments:

Post a Comment