Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The letter 'Me'

Whilst having some quality 'Father-Daughter' I thought we would carry on our work on the alphabet.

We had a good start with the usual letters, I write them down and Jocelyn tells me what they are:

"...D for Daddy...J for Jocelyn...M for Mummy...G for Grandpa..." (sorry Granny you have been ousted).

Then we stepped up a gear..."B for Trixy-B...H for Aunty Harriet...S for Uncle George..." (I have no idea where this came from, but Jocelyn was happy).

Excellent I thought, began to download OxBridge application forms when suddenly a purple crayon was thrust at me.  "Draw Purple Daddy".  O.K. I thought that to stimulate further learning I would write purple, in purple (cunning), the following conversation then occurred:

Jocelyn:  "Whats that?"

Me:  "That's a letter P"

Jocelyn:  "yes it is, whats that one?"

Me:  "that's a U"

Jocelyn:  "yes it is, thats a Me"

Me:  "errr, no, thats the letter U"

Jocelyn:  "yes it is, its the letter Me, its my letter..."

OxBridge forms now in the bin.

3 comments:

  1. I love your blogs. Thanks keep them coming and btw, I think it's about time you started to get into stand-up comedy!

    Love

    Bud

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to add my favourite letter: elemeno

    Bud

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where was Private Baldrick? Am sure he would have had something to add!

    H (for generally great) x

    ReplyDelete