Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Skytower ain't for wimps!

A day out in Aukland today, and what a good day. After the obligatory morning coffee fix we headed for the Skytower in central Aukland. Liz took one look and decided that it was not for her; which left me and the wee Scroggin who instantly was pulling my shirt tails telling me 'Daddy, I want to go to the top', fearless, my kinda girl! So of we went in the glass floor elevator, which Jocelyn felt the need to jump up and down on; made me feel a little nervous. We then got to the top, and watched some idiot throw themselves over the side (worry not, they had a rope attached to their legs). I don't think Jocelyn quite understood that one, nor indeed did I. We then proceeded to chase each other round the observation deck, with Jocelyn stopping to jump on all of the glass floor panels...weird girl.



She thoroughly enjoyed the trip, and then it was back down the bottom to pick up 'wimpy mummy' (I have no idea where she learnt that phrase) and off to the quay side for 1/2 dozen oysters and fish and chips; top lunch!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Selwyn Rd,Cockle Bay,New Zealand

No comments:

Post a Comment