Sunday, May 2, 2010

The quick dismount


A quick update on the progress!  

Firstly, thank you to those who have given some money to this extremely worthwhile charity, and for the e-mails of support from those of you who already support the charity in other ways.  I find it especially heartening to hear from those of you with no military connection, who support the charity so well.

I had my final cycle today before heading off on exercise tomorrow, and I thought it was a beautiful day to practice, as I like to call it, the quick dismount (to the untrained eye, it might look like falling off) so I now sport some superb gravel rash!  

The Help for Heroes cycle shirt survived the unpronounceable Icelandic volcano dust storm, and arrived earlier this week so I now look the part.  I have also managed to pick up a few Kiwi Defence Force followers who are joining me on the cycle for some morale support.  

So a bit more on the race.  The course is an 8km loop through the forest, with some fairly technical aspects (I suspect the quick dismount will come into play again), and with an electronic chip on my bike, they will monitor the distance covered in the 6 hours allotted.

This will most likely be the one and only update before the race next weekend as, as said earlier, I am off to glorious Waiouru on exercise.  So here is the last plug....please give as much as you can!  Click on the link below, and follow the instructions.  As I said, the charity is one that is close to my heart, have a look at their website and have a look at the awesome work they do.


Thank you all very much, and the next you will most likely hear will be how much I raised, and how far I managed to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment