Monday, May 10, 2010

A little on the sore side!

Well, the Moonride is over - what an awesome event! The atmosphere was amazing, and the course was superb.
Off for another lap!

There was a big range in experience of riders on the course, and I think that I fell into the middle third (at best!). This was my first competitive race, and I have already provisionally signed up for another one in Lake Taupo in September.

I had only one minor spill, which was on the first lap, but luckily this was nothing compared to some of the other crashes I saw.  So all in all I am glad that I managed to practice the quick dismount earlier on in the week!

So, I suppose on to the important stuff, and how much cash I raised for Help for Heroes....so far, the total stands at £238.72 so thank you all for the donations.  Hopefully there are a few more in the pipeline, so the total will go up some more.

Just Loved Team Erotica's shirts!!
I believe that I may have said in an earlier entry on this blog that I might go for the 24 hour race next year.....that is most certainly a subject that is up for debate!  At one point I did get stuck behind one of the 24 hour teams - a man and wife on a tandem!  I have broached the subject with Liz, but she did not seem too keen on the idea!  Well, I suppose that I have a year to work on it; and find a tandem!

On the subject of bikes, should anyone know an owner of a bike shop that wishes to donate a soft tail bike to my cause, then please put him in touch with me, as my arse is damn sore!

There were a raft of professional photographers around the course, so with a bi of luck i will be able to track some of them down and post them here.  I am sure that you are all really keen to see me looking a sweaty mess....?

The one great thing about the ride being in Roto-vegas was that there was no shortge of thermal spa baths to help with the aching muscles after!

So, we are no back to normal jogging, and I am back on exercise in Waiouru next week - oh the joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment