Sunday, November 29, 2009

Watch this space....

Another weekend, and another shopping trip with my daughter. Not quite so exciting this weekend I am afraid. There was no red-head, and I still have my old new wife (perfect that she is).

Unfortunately this weekends shopping trip was not quite as sexy as last weeks. It was, though, far more manly. It involved a slack jawed yokel named Bret, who sold me much timber and a power sander, amongst other things. I feel i should leave it there really.

Bret didn't have the same sort of 'Pizazz' that Jessica did, although he did have has a special flair with the circular saw, as he lopped my timber down to size......

I have decided that i am going to undertake a new project, and that it the building of a pub style bench/table. With BBQ season now on top of us, we will need somewhere to sit. As i was driving through town, i saw some of these for sale for a whacking NZ$99 (that is £42.64, or CA$74.63, or AU$77.40 for those of you from different nations). Always on the look out for a bargain, off i trotted to the local DIY place and picked up the requisite timber for a mere NZ$30 (if you want the conversions, do them yourself).

I have a sander, a saw, some nails, some protective woodstain, a Black and Decker Workmate and probably most importantly, the timber. How hard can this be? All you have to do is look at my previous carpentry, and you will have as much faith as I do; the door hanging - easy.

And if all else fails, Dad will be here in 3 weeks! Watch this space!


Liz has been creative as well! The bench will be better!

Who knew cardboard boxes could be so much fun?




2 comments:

  1. if you manage to build a bench with minimal swearing, all the pieces in the right place, and all your limbs intact, i will send you twenty dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie, your money is VERY safe!!!!

    ReplyDelete