Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Off to Christchurch.

Normally I am able to give a nice picture of something to compliment my ramblings, but alas not this time. This is due to the fact that it is 0430 and I'm in an armoured vehicle heading down to Wellington in order to sail to the South Island and assist with the disaster relief efforts in Christchurch.

Normally I have at least a vague idea of what to expect when I deploy with the army. For example: Iraq...are people going to try and blow me up? Yes. Afghanistan...are people dressed in bed sheets and flip-flops/jandals/thongs going to shoot at me? Yes. Earthquake relief in Christchurch? Not a bloody clue.

Still, another thing to add to the list of experiences that Her Majesty's finest have got me doing.

So, depending on the state of the mobile network down there, prepare to watch this space. I will endeavour to capture what it's like regardless, and post at a later date.

How long will this all take? They have said prepare for 14 days. Just so long as I am back for my flight to Blighty on 22 Mar....


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Johnstone Dr,Fitzherbert,New Zealand

No comments:

Post a Comment