Monday, January 25, 2010

Thunder Warrior - an apt name...

So, the live firing phase of the exercise has started and it has lived up to it's name. The mornings have been gloriuos sunshine, yet the afternoons have been torrential rain and seriously impressive thunder and lightening. There have been several times where I have questioned why I do this for a living?! The only thing going for my morale has been to glance at a Singaporean who looks in infinately worse shape than me; they don't do cold and wet.



The view from the window.

Thankfully I have had my trusty NMV which has kept the majority of the wet out. This was until the route became impassable. In typical me fashion, refusing to accept defeat I have now made some structual improvements to the vehicle. There is a go faster dent in the bumper, the drag caused by the antenna was removed, as was the rubber strip along the side. I too accept you can't get a vehicle along that route without fishtailing into a tree or two.... nevermind. It is nothing a bit of T-cut won't solve.

Only 7 days to push......... mega.

- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment